Essene Rye Bread – on youtube -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAKdwJd3X8s
* 3 1/2 cups rye berries (soaked 8-12 hours, rinsed; sprouted 24-48 hours) [I sprouted 2 days.]
* 2 cups sunflower seeds (soaked overnight, sprouted one day.)
* 2-1/2 teaspoons ground caraway seeds
* 2-1/2 teaspoons ground dill seed
* 2 teaspoons herbs of choice
* 1 tsp. sea salt
*Measurements of sprouted rye berries & soaked sunflower seeds are after they’ve been soaked and sprouted (rye berries) or soaked (sunflower seeds).
I soak the rye berries for overnight, then rinse them, then leave them to sprout and the next day soak the sunflower seeds, sprout them for 1 day so that they’re both done at the same time.
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl and knead by hand.
2. Put the mixture through the Omega or Champion Juicer using the blank screen and a round or oval nozzle.
3. Form into loaves (not more than 1-1/2 inches thick) and dehydrate 6-16 hours. We usually form it into 2 medium-size loaves or 4-6 little loaves.
The resulting bread is crunchy on outside, moist on inside and nice and fermenty tasting – a little like rye-sourdough.