Easy Raw Cauliflower Curry Over Rice (raw, vegan, gluten free, soy free)
via Choosing Raw – vegan and raw recipes by Gena on 2/24/12
For the curry:
Makes 2 cups curry
2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
1 1/2 tsps mild curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp avocado oil
Pinch sea salt
Black pepper to taste
For the rice:
Makes about 2 1/2 cups rice
4-5 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tbsp almond butter, sunflower butter, or tahini
1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
2 tsps rice vinegar
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional but tasty)
Pepper to taste
1) Whisk together curry, turmeric, lemon juice, avocado oil, sea salt, and pepper to make a marinade.
2) Pour marinade over cauliflower, and mix well. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 1 hour, OR roast at 375 for 30 minutes, OR simply allow to marinate while you finish prepping the rest of your dinner.
3) Prepare raw rice by placing parsnip in a food processor and processing till it’s quite broken down, but not quite “rice” sized in texture.
4) Add remaining rice ingredients, and then pulse until the mixture does resemble a medium grain rice.
5) Divide rice between two bowls. Place half the cauliflower mixture over each bowl, and serve!
My gently dehydrated cauliflower was so, so tender and tasty: read on