This is what Chicken McNuggets really looks like.
Raw “No-Chicken” Salad-
“Un-Chicken” Salad with Coconut Curry
Raw Mock Chicken salad recipes don’t taste like chicken. Rather, it’s their texture that give these salads their “chickenness.”This recipe gets that chicken-salad-like texture by using raw cashews. It’s a good contender for substitutions… Just make sure you’ve got the ratio of nuts to vegetables. Do not omit the apple or the cashews, though, because they are integral to the flavor of this recipe. It’s superb with the yellow curry!
1 1/2 cups (soaked) cashews
1/4 c.( sprouted) sunflower seeds (soaked one day, sprouted 1- 1 1/2 days – optional)
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 garlic clove
dash of Himalayan rock salt, sea salt
1/4 tsp. thyme
Blend in a food processor until creamy with a few chunks.
Mix by hand or pulse quickly with:
1/2 an apple
1 celery stalk
1 green onion
1. Add 1st 8 ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor. Process just a few seconds, until it’s somewhat chunky.
2. Pour into a large bowl. Add chopped celery, apple, onion and paprika.
3. Mix everything together by hand. Pour into egg cups, use as a dip, or fill lettuce leaves or raw crackers Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Chill.
Yellow Coconut Curry Paste (mix with coconut milk when you need it)Ingredients:
1 tsp. curry powder1 T. nutritional yeast1 T. psyllium seed
- 1-2 red chilies (or substitute green), depending on desired spiciness, OR 1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 shallots (or 1 small cooking onion)
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal OR ginger, sliced crossways
- 5-10 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. whole cumin seed
- 1/8 tsp. fresh nutmeg, OR substitute cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. dried turmeric OR 1 thumb-size piece fresh turmeric, minced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut crystal
- 1-2 fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves, snipped into small pieces with scissors (discard central stem), OR substitute bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Instructions: Mix all together. Add this paste to Mix 14 ounces of coconut milk whenever you need it. Let stand to thicken.