Great for Valentines day!!
Fudge Cherry Bursts
Ingredients – Dough
10 oz. bag frozen organic sweet cherries or Fresh Ripe ones
3 cups soaked dehydrated walnuts
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates (not soaked)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder and 1/4 cup raw carob powder or 3/4 cup of carob powder
1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
Directions – Dough
1. Thaw frozen cherries or Wash fresh cherries and place on mesh screen in dehydrator at 105 for 30 minutes.
2. Process walnuts and salt in food processor with the S blade until finely ground.
3. Add the dates and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
4. Add the vanilla and cacao and/or carob powder and process until the powder is mixed in.
5. Add the water and pulse a few times.
6. Roll a tablespoon of the dough into a ball. Press your finger into the center to make a hole. Place a cherry in the hole and close the hole forming a ball. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
Ingredients – Colored Coconut
1 cup raw finely shredded coconut
1 tablespoon Just Raspberries ground to a fine powder in a coffee grinder or 1/8 teaspoon beet juice
Directions – Colored Coconut
1. Place coconut in a jar with Just Raspberries powder or beet juice.
2. Close the jar with the lid and shake to mix the coconut and the color.
Ingredients – Chocolate or Carob Coating
4 tablespoons coconut oil softened in dehydrator for a couple of minutes
2 tablespoons coconut sugar powdered in a coffee grinder
1 to 2 tablespoons Raw cacao or carob powder
1. Whisk the coconut oil and the coconut sugar in a bowl until they are blended.
2. Add the cacao powder and whisk until it is incorporated.
3. Dip a ball in the coating and quickly drop it into the jar of colored coconut.
4. Roll it around until it is coated, and put it on a clean plate.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all of the balls are coated. You may have to whisk the
coating occasionally. If the coating starts to become solid, just put the bowl of the
coating mixture in the dehydrator for a minute or in a larger bowl of hot water and
6. Chill the finished treats in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.