Instead of waiting for obvious signs of a problem, why not perform some regular “gut maintenance” that will lessen your chances of developing a problem in the first place?
Grow Spirulina Superfood: Aaron Wolf Baum
via Craftzine.com blog by Brookelynn on 8/31/11
Discover some of the world’s most powerful tonic recipes in this DVD program by two of America’s leading authorities on superfood nutrition! Check out a FREE 25-minute sample:
Recipe begins at 8 minutes
Recipe is shown at 13:47
Truth Calkins/David Wolfe’s Avalance Recipe:
8 rounded T cacao powder
4 rounded T tocotrienols
2 T. DHA oil (or other oil, like flax)
2 squirts Chocolate Stevia and 1 squirt English Toffee Stevia
Add 1 ou./dash of (Springdragon Longevity) Tea and
Stir by hand until it’s fudgy/pudding liquidy chocolate sauce. Add more tea until it’s liquidy.
8 T lucuma powder + 1 T. maca; or 8 T. colostrum (hind milk of cows)
5 hpg. T tocotrienols
4 level T. cacao powder
1 T. Dandy Blend (optional)
1 T. Lecithin
1 T. Xylitol
1 T. flax or other oil
a couple drops ocean trace minerals, sea salt, or half of each
1 1/2 glass ice
a couple drops probiotics
2 1/4 squirts/droppers chocolate Stevia
Blend in Vitamix with a plunger, pushing down ice cream as it mixes.
Pour ice cream in a glass, then layer with 1/3 of the fudge, more ice cream, more fudge, more ice cream, top with fudge. Add shaved/sliced/whole cacao beans.
Blueberries, A New Effective Slimming Superfood
via Guide to Herbal Remedies by Carla Fiscina on 4/13/11
A new “old” trend among chronic weight loss maniacs has been recently initiated by American scientists. Why is it an old trend? Because the properties of blueberries to stimulate metabolism and speed up fat burning are very well known. However, the new study findings were published suggesting that blueberries have absolutely unique and very powerful abilities to assist breaking already existing fat cells. Moreover, it can assist in killing up to three quarter of total number of the fat cells in the body.
Health benefits of blueberries go much beyond their being effective for weight loss. These fruits are known as excellent anti stress foods, a great natural protection against such diseases as heart attack, atherosclerosis, type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease, because blueberries considered great natural foods for brain. These properties are mainly derived from natural substances called polyphenols which can be found in blueberries in really large amounts.
health benefits of blueberriesThe experiments took place in Texas Woman’s University in Denton and involve researching the effects of the polyphenols in the berries on tissue samples taken from mice. The rodent were given various doses of polyphenols found in blueberries, and as a result, in some cases, lipid content in the tissues was reduced up to 73%, and the lowest fat reduction was 27%.
Though many specialists claim that a lot of further studies are necessary to prove that blueberry consumption can really be linked to such great effects, the results were presented in many official meetings including the American Society for Nutrition’s Experimental Biology 2011 meeting. And the authors of the study are convinced that the found health benefits of blueberries have a great potential for slowing down and preventing obesity on molecular level. Shiwani Moghe, a study leader says: “The promise is there for blueberries to help reduce fat tissue from forming in the body.”
The Raw Model’s New “Superfood Seeds”
Many of you probably know already of Anthony Anderson, the “Raw Model” – He says,
“Email me, Anthony Anderson at Anthony@rawmodel.com to receive freebies like seeds and truffles, updates, and more insider tips and ideas – put “friend” in the subject!”
Did you know though that he just recently launched a line of Wildharvested Superfood Seeds
to grow your very own superfoods at home for pennies…?
I LOVE this idea and product line…as you may know, Anthony has been nurturing his own permaculture kins domain/space of love in Minnesota for the last few years – you can check out videos of his place
online…and over the years, Anthony came to the conclusion, just like us, that it seems to make a lot more sense to help grow and support wildharvested, sturdy plants, herbs and ‘weeds’, than to try to protect weaker domesticated plants that struggle with bugs, soil conditions, water access and many other factors. Dandelions for example are one of the BEST cleansers for our livers/blood…and they are super-resilient, popping up all over the place by themselves…compared to nurturing a romaine lettuce that ultimately has a lot less to offer medicinally, I know which we’d prefer to give garden space
SO, Mr. Anderson, in his wisdom, went about collecting wild seeds for 13 different varieties of plant, focusing especially on perennials and packaging them up in super*sweet* little tins, for others to obtain and start growing in their own vicinities…LOVE it…these seeds are TROOPERS – just get them into soil and these guys will provide you with bountiful crops with very little further attention – they do not need baby-ing or protecting – they are STRONG and will bring your body valuable nourishment too – how fabulous I LOVE this project )) Check out this video below with Anthony, explaining more about these new seeds:
screen shot 2010-11-04 at 7.54.51 pm.png
There are currently 13 individual little packs of seeds available, PLUS a gorgeous presentation box of all thirteen in a wooden case, plus two 3-packs focused on immunity and wild salads. Here are the items available:
# Holy Basil
# Lamb’s Quarters
# Wild Mixed Salad [3-pack]
# Immunity Boost [3-pack]
# Superfood Seed Presentation Box [13-pack]
I feel that these seeds represent such an AMAZING investment in your health for such a small financial outlay – at just $3.50 per tin, these seeds are an absolute BARGAIN ;O For example, the contents of the Goji Berry tin could provide you with over 1000 GOJI BERRY bushes ;O That’s incredible – you could literally create a Goji Berry FOREST with this little tin – lol
I feel these kits would make fantastic gifts and projects for homeschooling/unschooling families too…even if it’s cold where you are right now, you can start growing things inside…
To get your mittens on some of these wonderful wildharvested seed packs, click HERE
…and we’ll be sending immeasurable gratitude and love to Mr. Raw Model and co. for these *FABULOUS* seed packs – these are definitely the best new products we’ve seen in a while ))
How to make your own super green drink powder on a budget.
Feel amazing! On the cheap!
Green drink powder, when mixed into water, is an ultimate, super health drink. It provides your body with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, animo acids and natural plant proteins. These are important for natural cell support and help balance your body’s PH levels.
Famously endorsed by Anthony Robbins and Dr Robert O Young, these green powder drinks are a fantastic way to detox your body and give you amazing energy levels.
But it’s also a very expensive way.
I drank these green drink powders for months, starting off with the Anthony Robbins’ green drink powder, which cost me £50+ per month. I eventually found a much cheaper alternative for around £30 per month.
It’s still expensive though.
One day i took a look at the ingredients on the back of the tub and thought “Hey, I can make this stuff myself” I logged straight into my EBay account and started searching for the stuff to make my own green drink powder. After hours of pricing up each ingredient, I found it would be well worth making my own.
I bought :
Dandelion powder 500g
Purpurea powder 100g
Alfalfa powder 200g
Bladderwrack powder 400g
MSM powder 250g
Barley Grass powder 500g
Pau D’arco powder 200g
Wheatgrass powder 500g
It’s important you don’t go over your daily limit of each ingredient so here’s how i mixed it together.
Dandelion powder – 1 part
Purpurea powder – 1/4 part
Alfalfa powder – 2.5 parts
Bladderwrack powder – 1.5 parts
MsM powder – 1/4 part
Barley Grass powder – 1 part
Pau D’arco powder – 2 parts
Wheatgrass powder 1.5 parts
Green drink powder usually costs £30-£50+ for around 250g (about 1 months supply). I paid around £60 for these ingredients, (but you can buy smaller amounts). I bought a total of 2650g for this money. It’s about 9 months supply for me. I take 3-4 heaped teaspoons of it per day in 1/2-1 pint of water. Usually after meals.
So it works out at around £6.60 per month. Compare it to £30-£50+ per month, that’s a massive saving! And it works just as well as the expensive green drink powder. It does for me anyway.
It may take a little more effort, buying the different powders, and mixing them yourself, but it’s only minutes.
If money is an issue for you, this is a great alternative. Even if money isn’t an issue for you, it’s a way of making great savings. Give it a try!
Spirulina Superfood On Tap! West Coast Green 2010
by Cambria Bold on 10/6/10
I spotted this algae tank on tap from The Algae Lab at West Coast Green. The scientists at The Algae Lab believe that algae is the green crop of the sustainable future. Algae can make impressive amounts of food or fuel all without the use of land, soil, or fresh water. It grows 100x faster than conventional crops, and can be harvested every day, producing much more than land crops, and some types of algae (like the kind seen on tap here) have amazing health benefits as food. And The Algae Lab wants you to grow your own, and is telling you exactly how you can do it.
1. Kiwi Fruit – contains about 70 mg. of vitamin C – more than an orange! – linked to improved eyesight, lower cancer risks, and better heart health, makes wrinkles less noticeable, 20% more potassium than bananas; one of the few fruits that contains vitamin E .
Peel and scoop out to eat by itself, slice it with bananas, add it to your smoothies!
2. Mushrooms – have tons of phytochemicals – natural compounds that may help prevent cancer. Portabellos and criminis rank as high in antioxidants as string beans, red bell peppers and carrots! Associated with reduced inflammation and a stronger immune response. Dry them and add to your green soups!
3. Raspberries – the main berry source of ellagitannins, a type of antioxidant that may have anticancer effects; a good source of vitamin K which helps increase bone-mineral density, reducing yur risk of fractures. One coup has 8 grams of fiber! Add to your shake, or mix with peaches and bananas for a great fruit salad!
4. Walnuts – help lower cholesterol, which slashed heart disease risk; brimming with alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the plant-based omega-3 fat that helps prevent heart disease and may boost brain function, memory and mood. About 14 walnuts halfves provides 2.5 grams of omega-3s, may lower cholesterol more effectively than those found in salmon.
5. Swiss Chard -a fabulous brain food, helpful in fighting Alzheimer’s and improving mental function because of it vitmain-B rich status, also a good source of vitamin E and folate – nutrients believed to help protect the brain; rich in lutein, a carotenoid that hleps protect against age-related macular degeneration. Use instead of spinach – add to your green smoothies!
6. Watermelon – One cup of watermelon serves up more than twice the lycopene of a fresh tomato – a pigment that may reduce your risk for heart disease and ovarian and cervical cancers; healthy amounts of vitamins C and A. Juice it! Eat it! Sprinkle chile powder on it!
7. Pumpkin Seeds – Like chocolate, they’re a good souce of tryptophan – a mood elevator – nature’s healthy answer to Prozac. One ounce serves up 150 mg. of magnesium – strengthens the immune system and bones. Add to salads, eat raw!
8. Cayenne Pepper – Capsaicin, the main ingredient, may boost metabolism and relieve an overactive bladder, clear sinuses and relieve allergies. Add to salsa, soups, carrot juice!
9. Turmeric – This spice found in curry powder may prevent pancreatic cancer and fight inflammatory bowel disease. Sprinkly into soups or a cup of tea.